Virtual private networks have taken a significant part of the market of cybersecurity programs and nobody questions their importance today. VPNs protect the device from the external threats that may come from any internet connection through various networks. Such protection is possible due to their main feature of hiding or changing the user’s virtual IP address. However, this article is not about the basics of the work of VPN applications, its main goal is to explain how to activate Avast Secureline VPN license on Windows in detail.
How to get started?
Avast Secureline VPN is not a free application and you need to have a subscription on one of the tariffs to use it. Of course, you always get the free trial period after installing the application, but to get the full functionality of it, you have to activate the program. Essentially, you can do this in three ways: using the activation code, via license file or logging into your account.
How to use the activation code:
- Purchasing of the Avast Secureline VPN license provides every user with a code he or she can use to activate it further.
- Its location depends on the way you buy the license. If you buy the tariff in the retail store, you get the tangible card with the activation code on it.
- If you buy the license via the official Avast website, you should get the code in the covering letter on your email.
- Open the Avast Secureline application on the computer and find the “My licenses” option in the Menu. From there choose the “Enter the activation code” and type in the code you have found previously.
- Make sure the activation worked out in the description section of the application. Remember that usually these codes can be used only once and they are dedicated to the particular Avast product, so be careful and attentive.
- You can also use your available account, if you have one, to purchase or activate Avast Secureline VPN.
Why is it better to use activated products?
There are many viable options of VPN applications on the market today and you can find some free ones for sure. However, the functionality and additional features like Firewall or Gaming mode can be found only in activated versions of advanced VPNs. The basic row of features can be useful to an ordinary user, but to get more convenient protection and wider selection of the servers to change your virtual IP address you have to get the license of the application.
The process of activating the Avast Secureline VPN is simple and easy to follow if you are careful and attentive. Use the activation code you get with the purchase of the license in the Avast Secureline VPN program on the computer or log into the existing account. VPN will remain activated for a specified period.